Enter now to be a 2019 winner!
GUIDELINES FOR ENTERING THE RISING STARS AWARDS 2019
● Nominations are open to employees of Hospitality New Zealand members. There are no self-nominations for the Rising Stars Awards.
● Nominees must be under 35 years of age (at the time of entry).
● The shortlisted nominees in each category will be asked to attend the Rising Stars Awards event, which takes place in Hawke’s Bay on Tuesday 15 October 2019.
● By accepting your nomination to enter the Rising Stars Awards 2019, you agree to allowing Hospitality New Zealand to use the information and images provided for judging and marketing purposes, including but not limited to, at the Awards event itself.
● If the judges believe the nomination is in the wrong category, they reserve the right to move the nominee to a more appropriate category. You will be notified if this occurs.
● You must answer all of the questions below.
● Your answer to each question should be no more than 200 words.
● With your entry form, insert a high-resolution jpg photo of the nominee.
● You can submit your entry by using this form. If you wish to use a different format to submit your entry, you must still make sure that your entry answers all of the questions listed below, and meets all of the entry criteria detailed here.
● Email your completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hospitality New Zealand cannot accept entries via post or fax.
● Entry to the Awards closes on Monday 5 August 2019. Hospitality New Zealand cannot accept entries after this date.
Emerging Accommodation Professional
The Emerging Accommodation Professional category is open to a professional working in any type of commercial accommodation, and in any role at the venue. The winner of this category should be making an exceptional contribution to their workplace. They should be able to demonstrate their ambitions and goals to advance their career in the accommodation sector.
In hospitality and accommodation businesses, every member of the team has a crucial part to play in ensuring service and standards run smoothly and without issues. This category recognises employees in crucial roles that do not always get their share of the limelight, but are working hard in the background to make the business a success. Employees that you may want to consider nominating in this category include housekeepers, porters, kitchen hands and bar-backs.
Up & Coming Barista
The barista is an all-important role for many NZ hospitality businesses. To be a winner in this category it is important that the barista should possess a high standard of technical expertise, and be passionate about producing a consistently high standard of coffee in both flavour and presentation. Baristas that can also demonstrate excellent customer service and relationship building skills to ensure their customers become loyal clientele will have an added edge in this category.
Up & Coming Bartender
The Up & Coming Bartender of the year should possess outstanding product knowledge. Bartenders that can also demonstrate excellent customer service and relationship building skills to ensure their customers become loyal clientele will have an added edge in this category.
Up & Coming Chef
In this category, we are looking for an emerging or apprentice chef that shows potential to become a leader in their field. The Up & Coming Chef of the year should show a fantastic attitude and work ethic, and commitment to forging a great career in the industry.
Up & Coming Duty Manager
Duty managers are an essential part of every licensed business. To win at this year's Rising Stars Awards, the duty manager should demonstrate the care and attention to detail needed to ensure the safe and responsible sale and supply of alcohol.
Up & Coming Entrepreneur
The Rising Stars Awards are open to hospitality industry professionals that are under 35 years of age. This category has been created to reward daring entrepreneurs that have taken the plunge in their hospitality career to create and build their own business in the hospitality industry.
Up & Coming Front of House
The winner in this category should understand what service is all about and possess outstanding communication skills. This year's Up & Coming Front of House winner should be skilled at creating a welcoming environment that leads to memorable experiences for the customer.